Tackling obesity is not too tough. You don’t need to subscribe to expensivetreatments to reduce obesity or to be completely cured. There are simple home remedies which can give you an absolute cure from obesity. Find more about them below.
Obesity is the latest known epidemic in the United States of America. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, more than one-third or 33.8 % of the American population is obese. According to the United Health Group report published in 2010, obesity related direct expenditures are expected to constitute a whopping 21% of the nation’s direct health care spending by the year 2018.
Keeping a strict eye on your weight is imperative in these times This is so because around 350,000 people die due to obesity related co-morbidities in the United States every year. Generally, it is easy for youngsters to stay close to their ideal weight for their size and age if they are healthy. But problem starts to crop up in the late twenties when engaging in physical activity is significantly reduced. Lethargic habits begin to develop and the individual loses his interest in running, swimming or healthy activities. Professional and personal stress mounts making it easy to lose one’s vigil on health and fitness.
A lot of medical and cosmetic assistance is available these days to tackle obesity. Not to mention the exhorbitant costs involved, they also come with a lot of side effects. In this article, we are going to discuss the home remedies available to treat obesity. They do not burn a hole in your pocket and can do only good if not bad as they are totally derived from natural sources or are advices to alter your lifestyle.
Top 15 Home Remedies for Obesity
1. The golden rule of weight loss is never to skip breakfast. It is the most important meal of the day and helps to provide a steady stream of energy all through the day. This, in turn, prevents unhealthy snacking.
2. To prevent obesity, there is no better option than physical exercise. Brisk walking is the best exercise to begin with. As soon as you wake up in the morning, workout for at least 30mins to an hour. Burn up unwanted calories by putting large leg muscles to work.
3. Honey is considered to be an outstanding home remedy. Make a mixture of two teaspoon of lime juice, one teaspoon of honey, in a glass of water, add some pepper to it & have it regularly the first thing in the morning.
4. Stop nibbling between meals. Train yourself to have less food. You will enjoy living on a reduced diet. Instead of eating only 2 meals during the day like lunch & dinner, try to eat 4-5 more small meals spaced 2-3 hours apart during the day. This helps to increase the metabolic rate of the body.
5. Spices like ginger, cinnamon, black pepper etc. are good for losing weight. Drink ginger tea 2-3 times a day. It is also a good remedy for obesity.
6. Two teaspoon of lime juice added to water also helps in losing weight. Have it frequently. Drink a glass of boiled water daily after every meal. It will also help you in naturally curing obesity.
7. Your diet should include green leafy vegetables, tomatoes and carrots. They are low in calories, but high in vitamins and minerals and have real food value. Increase the quantity of fruits and vegetables and low calorie foods that fill you up. Eat a tomato salad for breakfast. It can bring about fast weight loss.
8. Try to eat 10-12 fully grown curry leaves every morning for 3 to 4 months. It may prove beneficial for the obese in losing weight.
9. Take a handful of jujube or Indian plum leaves. It should be soaked overnight in water. You can drink this water in the morning, preferably in an empty stomach. This treatment should be continued for at least one month to achieve good results.
10. Cabbage is considered to be an excellent home remedy for obesity. Adding cabbage in a meal would be the simplest way to fight with obesity. Raw or cooked cabbage inhibits the conversion of sugar and other carbohydrates into fat. Cabbage has a great food value and can control obesity. Adding cabbage in a meal would be the simplest way to fight with obesity.
11. Taking whole grains like ragi can be helpful in decreasing the constant desire to eat, thus, reducing the daily calorie intake. It has a low glycemic index and can help to suppress appetite.
12. Chew a thin slice of fresh ginger root a few minutes before meals. Or grate a little ginger, mix with some lemon juice and salt, and eat a pinch or two.
13. Finger millet is an ideal food for the obese, because its digestion is slow and due to this, the carbohydrates take a longer time to get absorbed.
14. Chutney of green mint with some simple spices can be taken with meals. Mint tea also helps. Mint is very helpful in losing weight.
15. Make a mixture of 1/4th teaspoon powdered black pepper, 3 teaspoon lime juice and 1 teaspoon honey in a cup of water. Drinking this for 3-4 months can help in losing weight.
Why Home Remedies for Obesity should be tried?
There are medications to treat obesity in the market. They are partially effective in addressing the issue and have unavoidable side effects. This further complicates the health status of obese people. Taking supplements and diets can decrease the metabolic prowess of the body and can result in weight gain on discontinuation of the said diet or supplements. It is for these reasons we should opt for natural ways to deal with obesity.
Taking home remedies can address obesity related issues without causing any side effects. They are effective in their job because the ingredients of these remedies do not contain any artificial chemicals. Home remedies for obesity are cost effective and easily available in the kitchen. They do not pose any threat to the natural functioning of the body. They do not require medical supervision while they are taken. The benefits of these simple home remedies are time tested too. The Internet provides a large number of reliable articles on home remedies to treat obesity.
There are also a lot of herbs available in nature which could help bring down fat. Our article Herbs to reduce Obesity can give you an idea on more natural elements that can aid weight loss.